Honduras Mission 2023: Now that Fall is approaching it is time to think about Honduras. We are no longer able to take over-the-counter medicine due to customs issues. Therefore, we will be taking Band-aids (all sizes), gauze (pads & rolls), tape (medical), cotton balls, latex gloves, and of course soccer balls. Last day to donate any of the above items will be November 12, 2023.
AED Recall: There has been a recall on the AED device, it has been removed from the Narthex until we can determine its future.
Lake Huron Presbytery and Presbyterian Women (PW) Book Study:
- Nine St. Andrew’s persons are part of book study: I WAS HUNGRY, BY Jeremy K. Everett. Discussion Guides available from Julianne Princinsky. There will also be a Presbytery-wide discussion and Mission Fair, scheduled for September 30, 2023. Next St. Andrew’s meeting is September 15th at 1:00 pm at the church.
- Presbyterian Women Meetings will begin again monthly on Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 10:00 – 11:30 am. The study is called “Sacred Encounters: The Power and Presence of Jesus Christ in Luke-Acts”, by Olive Mahabir. Three things the author would like us to consider with this study are:
- How can the twenty-first century church exhibit mercy and compassion within and beyond the traditional congregation?
- How can we go beyond a façade of caring to achieve true inclusion in our communities of faith?
- What are the potential implications for the church [and for us] if we treat our interactions as sacred encounters that demonstrate the transformational love of Christ Jesus?
- There is a Synod PW event set for August 4-5, 2023, in Findlay, OH. Women interested should contact Julianne Princinsky, 810-614-3431.
Facebook: Please don’t forget to visit our Facebook page to see more of our online content and prayers throughout the week. If you’re watching live videos, please say “hi” so we know you’re watching with us! If you haven’t already, please follow us on Facebook!